Are you looking to customize the font on your Wix blog posts?
In this comprehensive guide, I will walk you through the simple step-by-step process to change font on Wix blog posts. Whether you want to change the title, heading or body text font, these tips will help you do it quickly.
Why Change Font on Your Wix Blog?
Before jumping into the how-to steps, let’s first understand why you may want to change the default font on your Wix blog:
- To match your brand identity and web design – Having a consistent font across your website and blog helps reinforce brand recognition.
- To improve readability – Some fonts are easier to read online than others. You can test different ones to maximize readability.
- For visual interest – Changing up the font keeps your blog looking less templated and more unique.
- To highlight key information – Using different font styles like bold on headings helps organize information for readers.
- To fit content types – Some fonts work better for blog headlines vs longform body text.
Step-By-Step Guide to Changing Font on Wix Blog
Without further ado, let’s look at the step-by-step process for customizing font on your Wix blog posts:
Access Blog Post Editor
- Log in to your Wix account and go to the Blog page.
- Click on an existing blog post you want to edit or click “+ New Post” to start fresh.
- This will open the blog post editor. Here we can customize the font styles.
Change Blog Title & Description Font
Let’s start with the blog title and description that appear at the top of a post:
- In the editor, click on the blog title text to open the text toolbar.
- Click the Text Style icon (it looks like “Aa”). This opens font customization options.
- Select your desired font family and font size for the title.
- Click outside the text box to save changes.
- Repeat steps to customize the blog description font as needed.
Change Heading Fonts (H1, H2 etc)
Now let’s change the styling for headings used in your blog post content:
- Highlight a blog post heading like “H2” or “H3”.
- Open the text toolbar and Text Style icon.
- Pick your desired heading font and font size.
- Click to save changes.
- Repeat for each heading type used in the blog content.
Pro Tip: Make H1 & H2 larger sizes to establish hierarchy.
Change Body Text Font
To change the default font used for paragraphs:
- Highlight a portion of body text in the editor.
- Use the text toolbar to pick a new body text font and size.
- Click outside text box to save.
Adjust Font Color
Along with changing font family and size, you may also want to customize the color:
- After selecting text, use the text toolbar.
- Click the Text Color icon (it looks like “A” with color box)
- Pick your desired font color from the options.
- Save changes.
Once you have finished customizing the fonts in your blog post, it’s a good idea to preview the changes:
- Click “Preview” to view your updated blog post with new fonts applied.
- Tweak any other styling issues before publishing your post live.
With these simple steps, you can easily change the title, heading and body text fonts on your Wix blog posts to customize their style.
Best Practices for Blog Fonts
When selecting which fonts to use in your blog posts, keep these best practices in mind:
- Limit to 2-3 fonts – Don’t use too many different ones or it will look cluttered.
- Use simple, easy to read fonts for body text. Sans serif fonts like Arial or Helvetica work well online.
- Make headings bolder/larger than body text for visual hierarchy.
- Be consistent with fonts used on other pages of your Wix website for branding flow.
- Review on all devices to ensure fonts render properly on mobile.
- Use font colors that have enough contrast against background.
By the following tips, you can choose blog post fonts your brand and keep users engaged on desktop or mobile.
Changing Default Blog Font in Wix (For All Posts)
So far we’ve covered changing font on individual Wix blog posts. But what if you want to change the default font used on all blog posts for consistency?
Here’s how to update the sitewide blog font in Wix:
- Go to the Blog page and click “Blog Settings”.
- Click on Design > Advanced Design Settings.
- Scroll down to Blog Text and click “Edit Font”.
- Pick your new default Blog Title, Description and Post Content fonts.
- Click “Change Font” to save your selection as the new site-wide default.
- New blog posts will now use this font automatically.
That’s an easy way to update the default font used across your entire Wix blog in one go!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some common questions about changing font on Wix blog posts:
What file formats can I use for custom fonts?
Wix supports .TTF, .OTF and .WOFF font files for any custom fonts you want to use.
Does Wix offer any specialty blog title fonts?
Yes, in the text editor you can browse Wix’s font library including stylized title fonts meant for headlines. These have names like “Clicker Script” or “Righteous” for example.
Can I adjust font line height and spacing?
Yes, you can fine-tune line height (space between lines) and letter spacing for body text using the text toolbar options. Use these to maximize readability.
How do I change font color on mobile?
The process for picking font colors is the same on mobile. Just tap the text you want to style, choose the color option and pick one that looks good on mobile screens.
What’s the best blog title font size?
For blog post titles, font sizes around 28-45px tend to work well and grab reader attention. Avoid tiny or huge title sizes.
Customizing your Wix blog font is a great way to enhance branding, readability and style. With this step-by-step guide, you should now feel confident changing fonts for individual posts or entire blog.
Remember to keep font choices simple and consistent. Preview on all devices. And have fun expressing your unique style through typography!